Monday, January 4, 2010

I like to make things











My first beading Project







Yep that's right I like to make things... I bead and I sew who would have thought that I could be so crafty... Certainly not me... I have always dreamed of making fun and interesting things and it just never happened for me until the day I decided to do a beading class with my kids and a couple of friends. Well who would have thought it was that much fun. I really enjoyed it. I was totally amazed. After many months of beading I started going to markets to sell my beading and I did I sold some things and it made me feel really good....













One night I was talking to my eldest son and said it would be fun to make other things to sell at the markets I found some books on the shelves that gave me great ideas but there was a problem I had no idea how to use a sewing machine... Yep a mum of 4 and had no idea. So my eldest son showed me how to use the machine. We found a very simple pattern to make Hot Water bottle covers.. Yep Disaster I couldn't do it . So I gave up on that...












So then I had a bright idea why not make a dhower cap. LOL. can't be that hard I thought and it wasn't. I made a quick hat with no pattern and it looked funny only because it was small so I tried again and made a bigger one.. AWESOME! it worked..LOL.. SO of I went to buy some funky fabric and the right type of plastic to line the shower cap and started making them. By the time of my next market I only had 4 completed so I took them along just to see if there was any interest and sold all 4 of them. I was thrilled.


The First Shower Cap.






My Youngest Testing out the improved Shower Cap


















No comments:

Post a Comment